This is another recipe of mine which is super easy to make, healthy and so delicious. Very good to take for lunch to work or as side dish with some poached salmon and steamed broccoli. Delish!
– 300 grams dried mung beans (soaked overnight)
– Generous bunch of fresh herbs – like coriander, parsley, dill
– 1-2 Chillies – bird eyes deseeded
– 1 Lemon and the zest
– Feta – use original Greek has more flavour and less preservatives
– Virgin Olive oil
– Salt, pepper
– Optional: Pear or carrot (I do shave the carrot with veg peeler – fun!)
Cook mung beans as per pack instruction (takes about 20-25 minutes). Drain, rinse. Leave to cool a little bit.
While the mung beans are cooking chop herbs and chillies put in big bowl. Zest lemon and use the juice. Cut feta in squares. If using pear/carrot cut in nice pieces (or shave carrot). When mung beans are ready put to the bowl with herbs etc. Add splash of olive oil and salt pepper (careful). Give good mix. Taste, season if needed (or add more lemon juice – see my tip). Mix, taste. Done! Cooking doesn’t get easier than that!
Did you know that mung beans are great source of protein, Vitamin C, Calcium and Carbohydrates.